- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup dark rum, plus ½ cup
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour tube pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
2. Mix together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, cold water, vegetable oil and ½
cup dark rum. Pour over nuts. Bake 60 minutes
3. Cool. Invert on serving plate. Prick the top to at least 1 inch depth
4. Melt butter and stir in water and sugar. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in remaining rum. Drizzle smooth glaze in batches evenly over the top and sides of cake, allowing each batch to absorb before adding next one.
To make the presentation very special:
Decorate with whole cherries and border with whipped cream. Serve with seedless grapes which have been dusted with powdered sugar.