Recipe by: Regina Zona
“This was the first fruit pie I ever made. The premade pie crusts work great! Just make sure the blueberries are completely coated with the mixture and use plenty of butter dots under the top crust.”
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) packages refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Sprinkle berries with lemon juice; set aside.
- Fit half of pastry in a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and next 3 ingredients; add to berries, stirring well.
- Pour into pastry shell, and dot with butter.
- Unfold remaining pastry on a lightly floured surface; roll gently with rolling pin to remove creases in pastry.
- Place pastry over filling; seal and crimp edges.
- Cut slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush top of pastry with beaten egg, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar BAKE at 400° for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning, if necessary.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.