Caramel Apple Pie
Recipe by: Regina Zona
“This is a Pillsbury recipe and SO Good! If you are a purest, you don’t have to use the pecans and caramel but it certainly makes a decadant treat.”
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups sliced peeled cooking apples (6 medium)
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 425°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans in bottom of crust-lined pan.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently stir in lemon juice and apples. Spoon into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust. If desired, brush crust with water; sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. After 15 to 20 minutes of baking time, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Cool at least 1 hour before serving. Serve warm pie with ice cream. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with chopped pecans.