Chicken Apple Bacon Walnut Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Recipe by: Regina Zona
“The perfect sweet, tart, salty, protein packed salad from cookingclassy.com.”
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked chicken breasts , diced into strips* (about 3 chicken breasts)
- 6 – 8 slices bacon , cooked and diced
- 3 medium apples , sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped , toasted (or candied walnuts)
- 9 oz spring mix lettuce (with spinach)
- 6 oz crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
FOR THE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Layer all salad ingredients into individual salad bowls or over plates. Serve drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.
- For the balsamic vinaigrette: Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, and finely diced shallot to a blender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and blend mixture until well emulsified and thickened slightly. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.