- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes (about 10 miniature)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 2-in. rounds with the bottom of a glass. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate with 1 teaspoon oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Repeat with semisweet chocolate and remaining oil. Sprinkle tops with crushed candy canes; let stand until set.