Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by: Regina Zona
“When you want cookies, you call on Betty Crocker! This is her recipe and they are the ULTIMATE.”
- 2 ¼ cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon about 1 minute or until fluffy, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until blended (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store covered in airtight container.