Corn and Ham Risotto
Recipe by: Regina Zona
“Risotto is our new favorite thing and making it in the pressure cooker has changed everything! Just saute the shallots and garlic in the pressure cooker, add all the other ingredients and set to cook on the risotto setting for 8 minutes (or whatever your pressure cooker instructions suggest for risotto).”
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. arborio rice
- 3/4 c. dry white wine
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. chicken stock, divided
- 2 c. fresh corn kernels (from about 3 ears)
- 8 oz. shredded smoked ham
- 4 oz. white Cheddar cheese, grated (about 1 c.)
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced fresh chives, plus more for serving
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, until opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Add wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup stock and cook, stirring until absorbed, 5 to 6 minutes. Repeat 2 more times. Add remaining cup stock and corn and cook, stirring, until rice is tender and corn is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in ham and cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Stir in chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately topped with additional chives.