Dark Chocolate, Almonds, and Sea Salt Bark
Recipe by: Regina Zona
“Better than anything you can buy in the store!”
- 1 c package dark chocolate chips (12 oz.)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place almonds in a plastic bag and seal. Using a sturdy wood spoon or an ice mallet, pound the almonds until they are chopped into small pieces mixed with crumbs.
- Set almonds aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add chocolate chips. Microwave in 25 second increments, stirring each time. Continue until melted–the key is not to overdo it. When almost all of the chips are melted, stirring a bit extra will get the rest and not overheat the chocolate.
- Pour crushed almonds, vanilla and all of the sea salt except for a pinch into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Line a 9x13inch baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the mixture over top and spread evenly with a spoon or spatula. Sprinkle with remaining sea salt.
- Allow to set in the freezer for about 30 min.
- Remove from the freezer and break into pieces.
- Store in the freezer of refrigerator.