Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage
Recipe by: Regina Zona
“My crockpot wasn’t big enough for this recipe but the corned beef sure was good!”
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound carrots, cut into large chunks
- 3 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet, cut in half
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into wedges
Place onion, potatoes, and carrots in a 5-quart slow cooker. Combine water, garlic, bay leaf, sugar, vinegar, and contents of spice packet in a small bowl; pour over vegetables. Top with brisket and cabbage.
Cover and cook on Low until meat and vegetables are tender, 8 to 9 hours. Remove bay leaf before serving.