- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tsp. salt, plus 1+ tsp.
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup goose fat (substitute duck fat or bacon fat)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic (this is min. amount; add more to taste)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (this is min. amount; add more to taste) Sprigs fresh rosemary, as garnish
1. Place potatoes in a large pot. Cover with cold water and add 1 tsp. salt.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until just fork tender (7-12 minutes at most). Drain and cool under cold running water. When completely cooled, slice in half length-wise and reserve.
3. Preheat oven to 400. (If roasting with other food at a different temperature, adjust cooking time accordingly.)
4. In the large pot, melt the goose fat over medium heat. Add the potatoes, salt,pepper, garlic and chopped rosemary (in amounts to taste). If using goose fat, note that there is not a lot of inherent flavor so adjust seasonings to accommodate. Stir until potatoes are heated through and coated with seasonings.
5. Empty the warmed potatoes onto a cookie sheet in a single layer. Roast in the oven until browned. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve immediately.