Imitation Crab Cakes
Recipe by: Regina Zona
“I had to use some imitation crab that we had in the fridge and found this recipe. Delicious!”
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) packages imitation crabmeat, chopped and flaked
- 1 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lemons, juice of
- ground black pepper
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. Saute green onions briefly until tender.
3. Combine crabmeat, sauteed green onions, egg, mayonnaise, dry mustard, crushed crackers, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, lemon, salt and pepper.
4. Form into 1/2 inch thick patties.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the non-stick skillet over medium-medium high heat.
6. Cook cakes until nicely browned on each side.
7. Drain briefly on paper towels and serve hot.