- 2 lbs. ground meat (beef chuck, turkey, pork, veal or any combination)
- 1 1/3 onion, medium dice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs, unseasoned cracker crumbs or unseasoned Panko
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup commercial barbeque sauce, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix meat with all of the ingredients except the BBQ sauce, until thoroughly combined. Shape into 13×9 baking pan.
3. Spread about 1/3 of the BBQ sauce on top of the meat.
4. Bake at 350 for about an hour until thoroughly cooked through. When ready to serve, spread remaining BBQ sauce on the meat.
This stores well in an air tight container in the freezer for 2-3 months. Portion into meal-sized containers and freeze. When reheating, add more BBQ sauce to taste.