- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro sprigs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2-inch-thick halibut steaks with skin (about 1 pound total)
- Garnish: lemon wedges
Grate enough zest from lemon to measure 1/2 teaspoon and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. Chop capers and in a small bowl whisk together with zest, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/4 cup oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly until blended. Whisk in herbs.
Pat halibut dry and season with salt and pepper. In a nonstick skillet heat remaining tablespoon oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook halibut, turning once, until golden brown on both sides and just cooked through, about 7 minutes total. Serve halibut topped with salsa verde and garnished with lemon wedges.