Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Recipe by: Regina Zona
“These are treats for your DOG! But really there isn’t anything in them that you can’t eat. But I haven’t tried.”
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour (see note below for substitutions)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and the egg. Add peanut butter, water, honey and stir until you have stiff dough. the dough becomes very firm and sticky. you may need to use your hands, or the paddle attachment on your mixer.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough about ½ inch thick and use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes. the treats barely spread and rise, so get creative with your shapes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.