Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Recipe by: Regina Zona
“Yum! Comfort Food! From Natasha’s Kitchen.”
- 4 boneless pork chops about 1/2″ thick
- ¾ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper or to taste
- ½ tsp paprika or to taste
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms (white or brown) sliced
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp parsley optional garnish
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper and paprika. Heat 1 Tbsp butter and 2 tsp oil in a large pan over med/high heat. Once hot, sear chops 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove pork chops and cover to keep warm.
- In the same pan, add 1 Tbsp butter and sliced mushrooms. Cook 2 minutes over medium heat, or until lightly golden.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter and onions. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Add minced garlic and saute 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Add flour and stir vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, hot sauce, whipping cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 2 minutes, or until cream begins to thicken. Add pork chops back to the skillet and cover with the mushroom sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5-8 minutes, allowing the pork chops to become tender and the flavors of the mushroom sauce to penetrate into the pork chops. Garnish if desired and serve.