Southwest Chicken and Rice Bowls
Recipe by: Regina Zona
“We were looking for an easy recipe to do in the pressure cooker and this was delicious. This recipe is not specifically for the pressure cooker. In order to do it the pressure cooker, brown the chicken in the cooker with the olive oil first, then add all the ingredients except the cilantro, and cook on the brown rice setting.”
- 1 14 ounce bag Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice alternatively, you can use about 1 1/4 cups dry rice of choice and cook according to directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 envelope (1.25 ounce) taco seasoning divided
- ½ green pepper diced
- ½ read pepper diced
- ½ yellow pepper diced
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (10 ounce) ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Prepare Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice (or other rice) according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and chicken. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons taco seasoning. Cook chicken about 3-4 minutes, per side, until browned and cooked through. Remove to a separate plate.
- In the same skillet, add green pepper, red pepper, and yellow pepper. Sauté for about 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Add more olive oil, if needed. Add corn, black beans, ro-tel tomatoes, and cilantro to skillet. Stir to combine.
- Add prepared rice, chicken, and rest of taco seasoning. Stir to combine and let simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Spoon into bowls and top with more cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.