Southwestern Roasted Potato Vegetable Salad
Recipe by: Patricia Smith
“We found this recipe when a friend who is a vegetarian was coming over for lunch. Super yummy!”
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 corn on the cob, husk on
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced + extra roughly chopped to garnish
- Green onion, thinly sliced to garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Toss potatoes, bell peppers, cumin, ancho chili pepper, salt, pepper, minced dill, and olive oil until coated on a roasting pan. Spread the vegetables out into a single layer, leaving an empty space for the corn on the cob. Place the corn on the cob, husk still on, in the empty space.
- Put the pan on a middle rack in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the corn on the cob and set aside. Put the pan back in the oven and cook for another 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- While vegetables continue to cook, remove the husk from the corn and slice off the kernels.
- When the potatoes are tender enough to be pierced with a fork, remove the pan from the oven. Stir in the corn kernels and add the remaining fresh dill and green onion to garnish.