- 3/4 lb. bacon (optional)
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, undrained
- 2 cans black beans, undrained
- 2 cans pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can white beans, undrained
- 2 cans whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small can jalapeno chiles, chopped
- 1-1/2 pkgs. Taco seasoning mix
- Tortilla chips, broken
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- Avocado, cubed
If using bacon, fry until crisp and crumble. Cook ground beef and drain fat. Saute onion 3-4 minutes in small amount of olive oil or bacon fat. Add garlic and sauté another minute. In a large crockpot, combine ground beef, bacon, onion, garlic, beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapenos and taco seasoning.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours. If time is short, heat ingredients in large pot on stove and transfer to heated crockpot for about 3-4 hours.
Garnish individual bowls of soup with chips, sour cream, cheese and avocado.