Recipe by: Regina Zona
“For a while, the only thing I would ever bake were these sugar cookies at Christmas and they were always a hit. Now armed with my KitchenAid mixer, I have expanded my baking horizon!”
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Buttercream frosting, whipped
- Sprinkles in your favorite colors
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
- Frost with buttercream frosting and sprinkle with your favorite sprinkles.