The Best Turkey Meatloaf
Recipe by: Regina Zona
“Found this recipe on food.com and it is truly the best turkey meatloaf I have ever had!”
- 2 tablespoons butter ( or margarine)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg ( or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
- 3/4 cup catsup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Cook onion and garlic in melted butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place mixture in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of the catsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper with onion mixture.
- Press meatloaf into an 8×4-inch loaf pan.
- Spread remaining catsup on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes.
- (Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.) Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.