- 1 1/3 cups pitted brine-cured black olives (i.e. Kalamata)
- 4 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained
- 2 tbsp. capers, drained
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- Leaves from 10 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley or basil, or a mix of both
- Leaves from 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. cognac or brandy
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of black pepper
Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender. Process, scraping sides frequently until mixture is a fairly smooth puree. No salt is needed because anchovies, olives and capers are salty. Transfer tapenade to a container.
This will keep in an air-tight container for a week in the refrigerator, a couple of months in the freezer.
- 2 cups Spanish green olives
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 7 anchovy fillets
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
Place all ingredients except olive oil in food processor and pulse until thoroughly pureed. Add olive oil and pulse until incorporated.