Whole Wheat Waffles
Recipe by: Regina Zona
“We got a new waffle maker and wanted a healthier recipe.”
- 1 1/2 cups (170g) King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (25g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups (340g) lukewarm milk
- 5 tablespoons (71g) melted butter or 1/3 cup (67g) vegetable oil
- Preheat your iron while you make the waffle batter.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and butter or oil.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. The batter will be a bit lumpy; that’s OK.
- Cook the waffles as directed in the instructions that came with your waffle iron.