Mediterranean Kalamata Hummus
Recipe by: Regina Zona
“When one buys a giant jar of kalamata olives and a case of chickpeas from Costco, this is what results!”
- 1 1⁄2 cups garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (reserve a 1/4 tsp. For topping)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (reserve 2 tablespoons for topping)
- 3⁄4 cup kalamata olive
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (reserve 1/4 teaspoon for topping)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (reserve 1 tablespoon for topping)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree. Add enough cold water to achieve a spreadable consistency.
- Spoon puree onto a shallow plate and smooth the top with a spoon. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and strew with remaining parsley. Sprinkle remaining cumin and cayenne in a star pattern and serve with warm pita or veggies.