Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Black Olives, and Feta Cheese
Recipe by: Regina Zona
“We had lots of kalamata olives and feta in the fridge and this was the perfect way to use them.”
- 1 1/2 lb. tomatoes (about 3)
- 1/2 c. Kalamata or other black olives
- 1/4 lb. feta cheese
- 3 tbsp. drained capers
- 3 tbsp. Chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh-ground black pepper
- 3/4 lb. spaghetti
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, feta, capers, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil over moderately low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the cooked pasta and the garlic oil to the tomato mixture and toss.
- Variations: Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Black Olives, Garlic and Mozzarella: Use 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, in place of the feta. Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Olives, Garlic, Feta and Fresh Herbs: Use 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 3 tablespoons mixed chopped fresh herbs, such as tarragon and chives, in place of the parsley.